The role of the Manager(s) is to operate the site in order to achieve the overriding aims and objectives of the business as detailed in the Mission, Vision and Lease KPI’s.
The Manager function is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the site whilst achieving the customer service and commercial targets of the business. And dealing with external business partners as appropriate.
You will work with others within the organisation, and specialist external 3rd party organisations to deliver outstanding customer service and site operational excellence
The post holder will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, have a keen eye for detail and produce a high standard of work.
· Oversea the smooth and safe operation of the campsite.
· Model the behaviour.
· Respond to all Customer queries or complaints in a timely manner.
· Produce and manage a Rota that ensures the needs of the business are met.
· Office administration, record keeping, make bookings.
· Support site staff in any way necessary in order to create strong team ethos.
· Train staff if required.
· Recommend procedural improvements.
· Support Directors
· Take on project work as assigned.
· Lead contact with local stakeholders: FE district, tourism organisations, local community interest groups,
· Support Directors on Ad-Hoc issues as when needed.
· Customer service and engagement reporting.
· Assist with GDPR compliance.
· Assist with PCI (Payment Security) compliance and day to day issues.
Specific daily, weekly, monthly tasks will include but not limited to.
1. Answer all on site enquiries from staff or customers.
2. Respond to any requests made by the Directors.
3. Investigate any accidents and incidents and follow all health & safety procedures as directed.
4. Be able to report on all KPI’s.
5. Maintain all logs and checks.
6. Order any supplies the site needs.
7. Maintain good relations with local stakeholders with particular focus on Forestry England.
• Excellent IT skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Proven track record giving outstanding customer service.
Proven Management experience
Self-motivated. Need to be able to work unsupervised.
· Excellent communications skills
· Able to build trust and communicate effectively to people of all different technical abilities.
· Good analytical skills, numeracy
· Strong team player
• Strong confident communicator at all levels
• Able to build strong working relationships
• Strong attention to detail and comprehensive range of tourist information.
See also see Job Description for Site Assistant below for additional day to day duties.
Job Description / Required Competencies:
We are recruiting for multiple campsite assistants, and offering both full time or a part time roles depending on the requirements of the business, with immediate start for the right candidate(s)
This exciting and varied role may require the employee(s) to live on site and if this is the case a pitch will be provided but not the accommodation.
The employee(s) will be expected to work in Reception front office, dealing with telephone calls and bookings, and also out on site – appropriate clothing (uniform) will be provided.
Whilst in the office the employee will support reception duties and serve customers in the shop. Whilst working out on site the employee will support the maintenance of the facilities block and glamping accommodation.
As we are open all year, there are various opportunities to work throughout all seasons. In all cases the following personal qualities are required:
Friendly Customer Focus
IT & Office Duties
Planning, Organisation & Flexibility
If you're interested in one of our Campsite Assistant roles, start by applying here and attaching your CV.